During the first sentence of coach Heather Macy’s introductory remarks at East Carolina women’s basketball media day on Tuesday, the sixth-year Pirate coach expressed confidence that this is going to be a breakthrough year for ECU. After three straight Women’s NIT appearances and having one of the . . . Read More
New faces. New energy. Same Cal basketball. For the first time in her Cal coaching career, head coach Lindsay Gottlieb is stepping onto the court without Reshanda Gray and Brittany Boyd. What she has instead are 10 players full of youthful energy who are already showing their desire to create a new. . . Read More
Holly Warlick knew many of the people she was entertaining Tuesday as the guest speaker at a Rotary Club luncheon at the Knoxville Marriott. The Tennessee women's basketball coach shook hands and shared stories before and after her presentation. And with the microphone in hand, she reminded everyon. . . Read More
Jody Adams has had such a successful coaching career at Wichita State she can look back on her own rebuilding projects when it’s time to do it again. The Shockers started women’s basketball practice on Tuesday at Koch Arena with 10 players, none of whom are seniors. Four are freshmen and the three . . . Read More
With 10 familiar names returning to the roster, it may sound like very little change should be expected for the 2015-16 UL women’s basketball team. On the contrary, coach Garry Brodhead’s current plans are for quite a few changes as his squad began practice for upcoming season Tuesday morning. . . Read More
Tamika Catchings was still shaking about 30 minutes after the Indiana Fever dropped a tense Game 2 of the WNBA Finals to the Minnesota Lynx. The Fever star was limited to 24 minutes because of foul trouble, and the steam was practically spewing out of her ears as she talked about letting her team . . . Read More
Believe it or not, the WNBA has eschewed the straight post-up for some time now. A lot of it was certainly out of necessity. With virtually no players who can play above the rim, the offenses tend to focus less on isolations and pure athleticism and more on keeping the paint clear for cutters and m. . . Read More
Minnesota center Sylvia Fowles received some presents in the mail the day before her 30th birthday on Tuesday. But she didn't open them early. She waited until Tuesday afternoon when she was relaxing before Game 2 of the WNBA Finals. "I got some flowers from my family," Fowles said. "My little niec. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Hatchell Named To FCA Hall Of Champions
- Tennessee's Warlick Receives Raise
- Pittsburgh Women's Basketball Announces Staff Additions
- Sports biz report: James Dolan, friend of women's basketball
- WNBA President: "As Business Grows, We Look To Increase Salaries"
- WNBA Finals primer: Why Minnesota Lynx shouldn't underestimate Indiana...
- Boussaid and Tlemsani optimistic about work ahead for Algeria women's ...
- Adelaide Lightning women's basketball team prepares for tough season a...
- After 3 Poor Seasons, It Was Time For Anne Donovan To Go
- Rutgers Women's Basketball: Offseason Losses and New Additions
- Confessions Of A Diehard Huskies Fan: Geno Has Earned The Right To Be ...
- Nothing is Given: Andreona Keys
- Dream’s Delisha Milton-Jones Wins 2015 Kim Perrot Sportsmanship Award...