In her younger years, Kenyatta Collier was a basketball star at Chester County High School in Henderson, Tenn., who earned a scholarship to Jackson State Community College. The Tennessee native was smart, outgoing and devoted to her family even when she moved away to cities including Indianapolis . . . Read More
It's been the summer for women in sports, particularly for San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon, who is continuing to break down barriers for women in basketball. And WNBA legend Lisa Leslie said Hammon's success, as well as the recent hiring of Nancy Lieberman as an assistant coach by. . . Read More
Years ago, when Dorothy Okatch was getting her start as a basketball referee in the Namibian Basketball Federation, a towering player took issue with a foul she called against him. The player strode up to Okatch, brought his face inches away from hers and yelled about the call. She briefly consider. . . Read More
When former St. Frances basketball players Briana Hutchen and Shatyra Hawkes hosted their first U.S.E. Basketball Foundation Family Reunion last summer, they were pleasantly surprised at the turnout. They wanted to give back to the young girls who grew up playing basketball on the Baltimore courts . . . Read More
Former Moss Point High basketball standout Karen Taylor is dead at the age of 51. Taylor, the mother of basketball star Stanley Johnson, died Saturday after a year long battle with cancer. She was in attendance at the end of June at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn to see her son get drafted by the. . . Read More
Pioneers don't usually get to enjoy the benefits of the new ground they broke. Most often, they strike down barriers in service to future generations. So it's gratifying to see Nancy Lieberman, a revolutionary of women in sports, herself walk down the path she's paved for others. . . Read More
Nancy Lieberman's plaque in the Basketball Hall of Fame will need an update befitting something more than a footnote. Lieberman on Thursday said she will accept an offer to join the Sacramento Kings as an assistant coach, making her the second female coach in history to join an NBA staff after Beck. . . Read More
Becky Hammon might be getting company. The Sacramento Bee reported Thursday that former Old Dominion women's basketball star Nancy Lieberman will be named an assistant coach of the NBA's Sacramento Kings. Hammon became the first woman to work full-time as an NBA assistant when she was hired last. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Minnesota's Zahui B. named espnW player of the week
- Indiana star Tamika Catchings credits young talent for East’s dominanc...
- Former Lady Hornet Great Hawkins Inks Professional Deal To Play In Eur...
- WNBA: Ageless Wonder DeLisha Milton-Jones About to Set a WNBA Record f...
- A Life Inspired: Jessica Breland's heart-stirring ascension
- Green Bay Women's Basketball to Take Part in Paradise Jam
- CSU-Pueblo Women’s Basketball announces 2015-16 schedule
- Sun's playoff hopes become cloudy with 71-57 loss to Dream
- EuroDragons Day Six: Observations of a Basketball Enthusiast
- Davies suits up for England at U18 tournament
- Coleman Joins DePaul Women’s Hoops Roster
- WNBA Mailbag: Was interview with players-union official a missed oppor...
- NCAA Lifts SSU Women’s Basketball APR Penalties