During her basketball days, Tamara James was known as a player who made her teammates better. Years later, she is still in the business of helping others. Now, the assists are expected to come in the Dania Beach community instead of on the basketball court. Last week James, a former Miami Hurricane. . . Read More
It was approaching 9 o’clock Wednesday and Rita Williams was in her favorite place: On a basketball court. She was there working with young boys and girls, teaching them the finer points of the game she loves and has played most of her life. Even now at the age of 40. “I don’t feel 40,” she said . . . Read More
As pioneering female athletes go, Valerie Still stands near the front of the path. Among the first to receive a college basketball scholarship under Title IX, she became the Kentucky Wildcats’ all-time leading scorer and rebounder before playing professionally in Italy, where she helped pave the wa. . . Read More
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Aaron Bryant, the assistant coach for the All-Army women’s basketball team, stood at the sideline during the final seconds of the 2016 Armed Forces Championship in San Antonio. One point behind the Navy, the Army team received the rebound of a missed free-throw and drove the. . . Read More
Earlier this summer, the St. Louis Surge women’s professional basketball team took home a national championship in the Women’s Blue Chip Basketball League. There are 34 teams from across the United States that compete in the league. Khalia Collier, the owner and general manager of the St. Louis Sur. . . Read More
Ciara Anderson is searching for professional-caliber women’s basketball players interested in joining a developmental team based in the Charleston Lowcountry. Anderson is a former semi-pro athlete who served as an assistant coach for the Summerville High School girls’ basketball program last year. . . . Read More
In the early 2000s you couldn’t open a high school preps magazine, read a newspaper high school sports section or watch a preps show without hearing the name of basketball star Sa’de Wiley-Gatewood. At the time, it was almost non-existent to see a high school female athlete getting as much national. . . Read More
When Teresa Weatherspoon won a gold medal in the 1988 Olympics and a bronze in the 1992 Olympics, there was no cruise ship like both US basketball teams are living on in Rio. “Heck no we didn’t stay on a boat,” she said. “We were in the Village with everyone. And let me tell you that experience in . . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
UB's Sharkey, Loesing Pepper Preseason All-Big 4 Teams
- Magnitude of playing in Jimmy V Classic not lost on UConn players
- UConn women prepared for tough December stretch
- Lipscomb Women's hoops drops match at Morehead despite 18 from Cagle
- Providence Women's Basketball Defeats Bryant In Ocean State Tip-Off To...
- Kierra Fletcher focused on defending Cousino's state title instead of ...
- Prohaska just knew Notre Dame was the right fit
- 'Foreign territory' for Rutgers women's basketball: 'We don't know wha...
- Rhyne Howard narrows college choices
- Special Pals: Geno Considers Chattanooga's Jim Foster A Friend And Men...
- Rutgers Women's Basketball Holds Off Bucknell, 57-53
- Drexel Women's Basketball Nets Road Win at Cornell, 63-53
- Seniors lead Arizona State women's basketball past Boston University