During the opening week of the 2015-16 season, the Kings plan to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the Monarchs WNBA Championship and the achievements of female athletes and acknowledge the recent (and overdue) trend of hiring women as coaches in the NBA and the NFL and in broadcasting. . . Read More
The International Basketball Federation introduced its nine-member 2015 Hall of Fame Class on Saturday, and it included a name familiar to many in Hampton Roads: former Old Dominion star Anne Donovan. Donovan joined Michael Jordan and others from Cuba, Russia, Lithuania and beyond in the weekend. . . Read More
In her younger years, Kenyatta Collier was a basketball star at Chester County High School in Henderson, Tenn., who earned a scholarship to Jackson State Community College. The Tennessee native was smart, outgoing and devoted to her family even when she moved away to cities including Indianapolis . . . Read More
It's been the summer for women in sports, particularly for San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon, who is continuing to break down barriers for women in basketball. And WNBA legend Lisa Leslie said Hammon's success, as well as the recent hiring of Nancy Lieberman as an assistant coach by. . . Read More
Years ago, when Dorothy Okatch was getting her start as a basketball referee in the Namibian Basketball Federation, a towering player took issue with a foul she called against him. The player strode up to Okatch, brought his face inches away from hers and yelled about the call. She briefly consider. . . Read More
When former St. Frances basketball players Briana Hutchen and Shatyra Hawkes hosted their first U.S.E. Basketball Foundation Family Reunion last summer, they were pleasantly surprised at the turnout. They wanted to give back to the young girls who grew up playing basketball on the Baltimore courts . . . Read More
Former Moss Point High basketball standout Karen Taylor is dead at the age of 51. Taylor, the mother of basketball star Stanley Johnson, died Saturday after a year long battle with cancer. She was in attendance at the end of June at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn to see her son get drafted by the. . . Read More
Pioneers don't usually get to enjoy the benefits of the new ground they broke. Most often, they strike down barriers in service to future generations. So it's gratifying to see Nancy Lieberman, a revolutionary of women in sports, herself walk down the path she's paved for others. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Meet the Seniors of USF Women's Basketball
- Pepperdine Alums Richardson and Shoushtari Sign Pro Contracts
- Pamela Huntley Hired as UIC Women's Basketball Assistant Coach
- Donovan deserved better fate with Connecticut Sun
- Tennessee's Warlick Receives Raise
- Pittsburgh Women's Basketball Announces Staff Additions
- Sports biz report: James Dolan, friend of women's basketball
- WNBA President: "As Business Grows, We Look To Increase Salaries"
- WNBA Finals primer: Why Minnesota Lynx shouldn't underestimate Indiana...
- Boussaid and Tlemsani optimistic about work ahead for Algeria women's ...
- Adelaide Lightning women's basketball team prepares for tough season a...
- After 3 Poor Seasons, It Was Time For Anne Donovan To Go
- Rutgers Women's Basketball: Offseason Losses and New Additions